Tom Phillips 7/28/2018 1:54 PM
Thumbs up / thumbs down feature problems
I just ran into an issue when reading Forum posts on my phone. If you accidentally press near the thumbs up / thumbs down icon and select one or the other because you've got a fat finger and a little tiny scream then there is no way to undo that event. If anyone knows otherwise please chime in serious

tedmich 7/28/2018 2:00 PM
its so frustrating I too had a little tiny scream!

(not serious)

seriously though it is a bit clunky for sure

Justin Thomas 7/28/2018 2:06 PM
I just tried it; I was able to undo it by zooming in on my screen... Maybe I'll do a little tiny scream later...

Jusrin

Tom Phillips 7/28/2018 3:49 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thomas View Post
...I was able to undo it by zooming in on my screen...
I'm on my computer now and am not finding a way to cancel my thumbs up mistake. I had also tried by zooming in on my phone screen. How exactly did you accomplish the undo Justin? Maybe enter a down to cancel an up? I did not try that for fear of making the record more confusing.
Tom

Justin Thomas 7/28/2018 4:31 PM
Tom,

That's what I did. I hit "down," which shows me a "-1," & if I hit "up" takes it back to zero, then hit "up" again to get a "1."

YMMV, maybe different OSs work otherwise...

Justin

Tom Phillips 7/28/2018 5:02 PM
Thanks Justin.
Using that method I got the post back to the state it was in when I made my fat finger mistake.
Tom

Mark Hammer 7/29/2018 8:35 AM
I've had to write/post notes of apology on a number of occasions to folks whose post I appreciated, but had unintentionally indicated disapproval of. Sometimes, it's fat fingers on a small touchscreen. Sometimes, it's bad aim. Sometimes, it's simply not paying enough attention. So these days, unless I am confident in hitting a visible target of my intention, I'd rather just post a reply that expresses appreciation.

tedmich 7/29/2018 11:17 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
I've had to write/post notes of apology on a number of occasions to folks whose post I appreciated, but had unintentionally indicated disapproval of. Sometimes, it's fat fingers on a small touchscreen. Sometimes, it's bad aim. Sometimes, it's simply not paying enough attention. So these days, unless I am confident in hitting a visible target of my intention, I'd rather just post a reply that expresses appreciation.
this seems like a real time commitment, although it would be step back toward direct human communication!

In lieu of that maybe a large ice cream cone and a similarly large poo emoji on distant corners at the bottom of the posts would allow for a less ambiguous and error prone expression of both positive and negative assessments by those in too big a hurry to directly communicate?