Tone Cam 7/25/2018 4:06 PM
Problems posting to the forum
I registered for the forum last week and have been having trouble submitting posts. The first post I submitted went through without an issue but subsequent posts have been blocked. In one case I received a message stating that "moderator approval is required". In another case the post seems to have just disappeared.

The following permissions are shown at the bottom of the page I am typing on:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

I am submitting this in hopes that the problem was been corrected. If it doesn't get blocked I would appreciate some advice from experienced users and/or moderators on how to avoid this problem in the future and what to do if it happens again.

tboy 7/25/2018 4:25 PM
My apologies for the inconvenience. There have been several reports of similar problems recently, and I'm still not sure exactly why it's happening, but it probably has something to do with some changes I made in an effort to thwart spammers. Thanks for the report, and I'll be looking into it further.

Justin Thomas 7/25/2018 4:47 PM
I thought there was also a setting where new members had to have their first few posts reviewed/approved, especially if they had attachments like photos or video? I know other fora do it, I thought that was here, too...

Justin

Tone Cam 7/25/2018 4:52 PM
Thanks for the response. No problems now - I just resubmitted the reply that generated the "moderator approval" message in Pickup Makers and it posted without any issues.

Happy to be onboard - I have been visiting since I started winding pickups in 2009 and found the threads to be a valuable source of information.