Steve A. 7/15/2018 12:20 AM
Serial rape suspect posing as Uber driver arrested outside SF nightclub!
Serial rape suspect posing as SF Uber driver arrested
by Evan Sernoffsky [San Francisco Chronicle 07/13/2018]

For five years, a predator known as the “Rideshare Rapist” trolled the streets of San Francisco, exploiting the proliferation of ride-hailing services in the city by posing as a driver for hire and luring women outside of bars and nightclubs into his vehicle before raping them, sometimes at knifepoint.

But police got a break in the troubling case Thursday and arrested 37-year-old San Mateo resident Orlando Vilchez Lazo after DNA evidence linked him to four rapes in San Francisco dating to 2013, officials announced Friday.

“These assaults were not date rapes. They were not acquaintance rapes. These assaults were violent rapes committed by a serial rapist — a sexual-deviant predator who was not going to stop until he was caught,” said Cmdr. Greg McEachern, who heads the Police Department’s investigations bureau...
The break in the case came on July 7, when investigators in the South of Market neighborhood spotted a man whose modus operandi matched the description of the four previous assaults. Police pulled Vilchez Lazo over in a traffic stop, obtained his DNA and matched it to the other assaults.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...g-13073493.php

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s300/...8ad97bca05afab

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1358043705
Here is the SF Chronicle article in PDF format:

[ATTACH]49726[/ATTACH]

Here is text-only copy of article as posted on my FB page:

[ATTACH]49727[/ATTACH]

-=÷=◇=÷=○=÷=◇=÷=-

This is some very serious shit! The guy arrested would park outside clubs late at night with a Uber or Lyft sign in his windshield pretending to be the driver that a very intoxicated woman had called. If she got into his vehicle he would drive to certain locations and rape her, the last time at knifepoint. Afterwards he might drop her off not far from where she wanted to go or somewhere else entirely.

The SF police managed to catch him in a sting operation as they had matching DNA from 4 previous reported rapes going back to 2013 with the most recent one being last month.

Please share this article on all of the social networks you use because the same modus operandi could be used anywhere there are nightclubs and ride hailing services.

Steve A.

Steve A. 7/15/2018 12:28 AM
Please share this article!
FWIW this is the first time ever that I have requested that a news article be shared, especially on other social network sites to spread the word about a modus operandi that could be used anywhere there are night clubs, drunk women and ride hailing services.

Steve A.

minim 7/15/2018 5:25 AM
Thanks Steve.

My wife is a regular, albeit sober, Uber user. Sometimes late in the evening. I always bust her hump to check the make, model and plates, which she does anyway.

These kinds of incidents are important reminders.