DieguzBass 11/14/2017 4:44 AM
Dingwall pickups (FD3) style pickup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45676[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45675[/ATTACH]Hello. I'm Diego from Italy; i'm recently involved to make pickups for my basses using neo magnets. i would like to make a Dingwall style pickup; so i'm searching for specifications about this kind of pickups, distinctive of the dingwall sound. i found this pictorial about a preamp modification on talkbass. we can see some pictures about the pickups. [url]https://www.talkbass.com/threads/pictorial-dingwall-series-parallel-plus-mid-sweep.992405/[/url] the pickup seems : * with big ned disks with different dimensions. * split coil design (in parallel for the neck, in series for the bridge) * steel bar under the disks (on the bottom), not clear if there's some steel poles in the top section * copper foil for each coil in phase deletion connection the pics named "orig" are the pickup with original configuration; the other are modified in wiring only to implement the mod written in the thread i'm really interested to build a replica for my regular (no fanned fret) 6 string bass. let's start a discussion on the topic! (if you are interested of course!) thank you in advance. Diego

DieguzBass 11/15/2017 4:28 AM
anyone knows further specifications about this kind of pickups? i find interesting the differente disk diameter; a really unique design; i can't see if there are steel poles over the disk magnets to "feed" the coils

MWaldorf 11/19/2017 11:11 PM
I don't know anything about these pickups, but it looks like Dingwall has a pretty extensive forum on his website; have you searched there?

Marko Ursin 11/20/2017 12:02 PM
If they are similar to these Nordstrand/Dingwalls it looks like there’s steel poles under neo magnets. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45775[/ATTACH]